Saturday, April 9, 2011

Knit Leaf Pattern


This is officially the first pattern I have ever posted. I searched the internet for a pattern for a knitted leaf and had a surprisingly difficult time finding any. So I used my BRAINS and wrote one. Suck it.

Leaf Pattern

Cast on 3 stitches
Row 1 and every odd row: purl stitches
Row 2: K1, YO, K1, YO, K1 (5 stitches)
Row 4: K2, YO, K1, YO, K2 (7 stitches)
Row 6: K3, YO, K1, YO, K3 (9 stitches)
Row 8: K 4, YO, K1, YO, K4 (11 stitches)
Row 10: K2tog through back (or slip 1, knit 1 and pass slipped stitch over,) K7, K2tog (9 stitches)
Row: 12: K2tog through back, K5, K2tog (7 stitches)
Row 14: K2tog through back, K3, K2tog (5 stitches)
Row 16: K2tog through back, K1, K2tog (3 stitches)
Row 18: K2tog through back, K1
Bind off

Yay! Cute leaf! You can make it into a bracelet by first knitting an i-cord, or by just using the tails to tie it around your wrist. It will also make a cute brooch or add-on to any scarf or headband.






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I have just knitted one big and one small for a flower brooch. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern goes really well for my poppys. Thank you

    ReplyDelete