Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spectacular Vegan Sauces

As promised, I am posting the recipes for the two sauces I made to accompany the delicious asparagus and coconut curry my roommate and I cooked up on Monday. I have never made a sauce before so this was really exciting! And lifted my spirits quite a bit, since my baking has taken a turn for the worse as of late.

Vegan Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water
a sprinkle of ground red pepper to taste

Mix it all up. Stir it with all your might! Cause that peanut butter isn't going down without a fight. (ooooh, a rhyme!)
This sauce came out a little sweeter than I expected. But when drizzled lightly over curry and rice, KAPOW! Awesomeness.

Vegan Lemon Aioli Sauce
1/2 cup Vegennaise
2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tbsp minced garlic from a jar)
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil

Mix it up!

This sauce went really well with our almond, garlic asparagus.

But really I just love opportunities to eat mayonnaise.

3 comments:

  1. The lemon aioli sauce sounds fantastic!! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Recipes, thanks for sharing! Thanks for the entries, stopping by to follow you back!

    Zabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Following you back :] Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    Julie
    www.julieannart.com

    ReplyDelete