Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries

As a new lover of Pinterest, (feel free to follow me!) I have discovered many wonderful things lately. One of these favorites is originally from Sugar Derby ... Cheesecake-filled Strawberries! Well holy crap, yes!
These were really easy to make and came out looking super fancy, so this will be my new go-to dessert for all parties. I didn't follow their recipe, though. Here's what I did:
Bought a 16oz box of strawberries (afterwards I realized I could have bought 2 or 3 boxes and had plenty of filling)
Sliced off the leafies.
Used a peeler to core out the white center of the strawberry, being careful not to cut all the way through.
(I saved all the strawberry cores for later...)
Bought a box of no-bake cheesecake mix.
Prepared the cheesecake filling according to the box's directions.
Got a ziploc bag and cut the corner off (very small cut! You don't want a gaping hole. You need to be able to fit it into your strawberry)
Scooped some filling in the bag and used the bag to fill the strawberries.
I also bought a box of raspberries and filled those, too. No coring required!
I poured some of the crust powder from the box onto a plate and dipped the tops of the filled-fruits in that.
Refrigerate at least an hour.
Voila!
As for the left-over strawberry cores, the hubby put them in the blender with some Nutella to create a dip. aaammmmmaaaazzzzziiiinnnnnggg. Gotta love brilliant hubbies.

9 comments:

  1. They were AMAZING! So good in fact, that I tossed aside my low-carb ways for the evening. I wonder if we could make a low-carb version? I found a cheesecake recipe... hmmm!
    http://www.food.com/recipe/super-simple-low-carb-no-bake-cheesecake-184442

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! A great way to enjoy those yummy strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy little bites! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your strawberries up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never had these, but i think im gonna try it cause it look super taste mmmmmm yum, please follow my blog aswell Britters89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so delicious! Great blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds simple and yummy. I want yo try this!

    I found your blog through Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete