Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Braided Cowl - easy knitting pattern

It's time to start knitting again! In summer... in Oklahoma... I just did NOT want to be holding yarn. So for several months I put my patterns on the shelf. To kick off the season, I wanted to learn to cable. It's not nearly as difficult as I had imagined!
I used a braided scarf pattern I found on ravelry, which can be found here.
Now, I'm a pretty lazy knitter, which means that when I get to the end of my skein, I just bind off! This usually causes me to end up with too-short scarves. In this case, I just sewed the two ends together and made my too-short scarf into a very fashionable cowl!


I used one skein of Lion Brand Jiffy Quick and Easy Mohair Look Yarn (135 yards), color Fisherman.
I just love the look of this! I plan to make a lot more of these cause it was EaSY!

Obviously, I also downloaded a new photo editing app to my phone.  It's called BeFunky and it makes very purty pictures.

1 comment: