Monday, October 17, 2011

Guest - Aria Parfait Vintage

 I wanted to introduce you all to a new blogger friend of mine, Sienna at Aria Parfait Vintage. She has a fabulous etsy store full of lovely vintage items. Here are a few of my favorites!







Tell us a little about you and your blog/store.
Hello! I’m Sienna, the gal behind Aria Parfait Vintage. I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan and graduated from Eastern Michigan University with an oh-so-lucrative art degree. After graduating, I joined a national organization which recruits recent college graduates to teach in high-poverty schools for two years, which brought me to Tulsa, OK. I love art books, coffee and sitting on the balcony of my 1920’s apartment.

How did your store/blog come to be?
I’ve always been a thrifter and with all the great flea markets and antique stores in the Tulsa area I come across loads and loads of fantastic vintage. At the beginning of last summer I began scooping up all sort of items - some that fit and some that didn’t - and began to grow a collection; a collection far outside the ability of one preschool teacher with next to no social life to wear. With a lot of encouragement from friends and a lot of help from my very supportive boyfriend (he built my website), I decided selling on Etsy would bring year two of teaching some much needed happiness and non-teacherly creativity.

Why is vintage better?
All items in the shop are garments and accessories I would wear, or were in my personal collection. I’m completely lost in a department store and generally just don’t like the fashions, fabrics, prints and poor quality of garments available today. I’d like to outfit the other gals out there who are also underwhelmed by department store fashions with unique, carefully selected pieces.

What is one vintage item in your personal collection you just couldn't live without?

I can’t even pretend that it’s not difficult for me to ship each piece I sell. I’m still kicking myself for selling my favorite 1940s hat. Sniffle. But, when it is hard to part with something, I just tell myself it’s an excuse to go shopping.

Thanks, Sienna!
Now go visit her on facebook, etsy and on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment