If you haven't already, please check out one of my very favorite blogs, Bettencourt Chase: Things We Make, Bake and Photograph. Helen and Lindi are two of the loveliest people on this planet, and would probably win against people on other planets as well. They recently posted a list of twelve goals to accomplish before 2012, which they saw at oh, hello friend, and I want to do it, too! My turn, MY TURN!
1. Visit Helen and Lindi. Definitely. Must do.
2. Sew a straight line. Not that my crooked lines aren't charming and all...
3. Make a throw blanket. I don't care if I knit it, sew it out of old t-shirts, however I can get it done. I can't explain why this is important. Throw blankets are associated with home and family in my brain.Making a blanket is one step in building a home.
4. Completely organize and unpack. We moved into our house in September and immediately unpacked almost all the boxes. In every place we've lived, there has always been one or two boxes that never get unpacked, one or two pictures that never get hung. It prevents any place from truly feeling like home.
5. Read TWO books. I was an English major. This is a pathetic goal. I'm ashamed.
6. Create an Etsy store. First I need to create some merchandise. Then think of a name. Please help me think of a name!!!
7. Get some nice boots. Nuff said.
8. Pay down my credit card. I only have one but it is ALWAYS maxed out.
9. Get in touch with my cousins. My family has never been close. We all do our own thing and that's fine. But I have family living in the same city as me that I haven't seen in 10 years. No good.
10. Start exercising regularly. Even if it's a few crunches every night. I have gots to do something about this pudge.
11. Hand make Christmas gifts. Something cool that people actually want. Not crappy stuff that they are obligated to love.
12. Send the people I love random mail. Whether it is a letter or a tin of cookies, I need to get out some good mail karma.