Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthday Expectations

"My birthday is coming up!" I have been announcing this since August... My birthday is the first week of December... I know. I have a problem. But my birthday is my FAVORITE!
And this year, I will turn to SomeeCards to express my feelings.
I want a big celebration. It should be at least a week long.
I admit I have always found it strange that we celebrate me on a day that my mom actually did something noteworthy. So I think this year I'll buy her a gift... as long as she gets me one too...
And I know that if my mom had had a virgin birth, I would be a lot bigger deal. Thanks for dropping the ball, mom.
So my birthday is in December; I do not want holiday celebrations to encroach on my birthday gifts. I warned the hubby that he should start birthday shopping in September so that he has enough money for my Christmas gifts, too.  
I think my birthday is the best holiday of the year, at least for me.

So all I can do is hope that it rocks!
P.S. - I think about others all year. I refuse to feel guilty about my birthday and YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

2 comments:

  1. I will try very, very hard not to forget your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't worry about it! I don't hold you up to my unreasonable expectations ;)

    ReplyDelete