Monday, February 6, 2012

Green Smoothie

I have been inspired by a lovely woman to embark down a new path. Denise Madeja of Raw Intentions is helping me begin a journey into raw food living. While I may not be 100% committed to going without cooked food or chocolate cake, I'm eating more veggies and fruits than donuts and that's a good start.

As Denise would say, "It's about making a better choice today than yesterday so that tomorrow can be the best!"

So for today, I begin with my first "Green Smoothie."



1 banana
6 strawberries
1 kiwi
1/2 - 1 cup almond milk
small handful of spinach



Last night, I cut up the banana and put it in a Tupperware in the freezer so that it would be ready to dump in this morning. I used whole frozen strawberries, so they were easy enough to toss in. I sliced the kiwi without peeling it (yay, fiber!) and threw that on top.

I admit, I did not measure the almond milk; I just poured some in. Probably about half a cup. Then sent my poor immersion blender to work. I now know that immersion blenders do not do well with frozen things. But it persevered!

I added a little more milk, blended some more, added the spinach, blended LOTS more. A little more almond milk to thin it out. And voila. Breakfast. And it doesn't even taste like spinach!





Cheers and Sláinte to all on this fine morning. Bottoms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment