Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cilantro Smoothie

Good morning! Yesterday was a very blah day for me. I was supposed to go take a blood test to see if I am preggers, but the clinic was closed. Hubby and I drove to 3 different drug stores to buy a home pee test. In the end, it was negative and we ate some nachos.

Today, I am feeling lighter. I may not know what the heezy is going on baby/body wise, but I can find much comfort in the people around me and the life I am lucky enough to have. I trust the universe to continue working as it is meant to; I'm down for the ride.

So! This morning's smoothie was a bit of a risk. This is how it started out...

1 cup Simply Apple Juice
2 Oranges
2 handfuls Spinach
8 sprigs Cilantro
2 Carrots
1 cup Frozen Strawberries
1 cup Ice
plus some Maca and Flax seeds

How did it taste, you ask? Like rubbing your face in a pile of cilantro.
Hmm.
Then we tried this...

Add:
1 Carrot
1  handful Spinach
1 Frozen Banana
1 cup Frozen Mango

And now? Better! Certainly drinkable. It's hard to mellow out cilantro once it's in there.
What did we learn today?

LESS CILANTRO FOR OPTIMAL YUMMINESS.

Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Silly body! I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I love you. <3 <3 Yay smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to like this one, but cilantro and I don't get along in large quantities. Luckily, the smoothie today was sehr delicious. :)

    http://ronniekstephens.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete