Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Books that Rock

Today I want to share a few books that I think everyone should read. Well, maybe not everyone. But reading them will make me think you are very "with it."


Changed my life. Changed the way I look at the human condition. If there is no other book from this list you care about, read this one.

Ishmael
Daniel Quinn


I can't even explain what this book is about or why I love it. I just do. And if you like excellently weird stories, you will too.

Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
Tom Robbins


I generally do not like romantic things. But this classic is GOOD! I found myself shouting into the pages, "Just tell Mr. Rochester you love him!!!"


Jane Eyre
Charlotte Brontë


This book of poetry is outstanding, strange and strangely inspiring. A weird guy loaned me a copy once. I promptly married him.

Born in the Year of the Butterfly Knife 
(click title to view publisher's webpage)
Derrick C. Brown


Best contemporary collection of love poems out there. No joke. I read from this book at my own wedding.

Last American Valentine
(click title to view publisher's webpage)
Ed. Derrick C. Brown


1 comment:

  1. "I promptly married him." Hahahaha. Good list!

    ReplyDelete