Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cleanse, Day 3 in review

Good morning! It is now day 4 of the Cleanse America raw food cleanse. Yesterday was excellent. And by excellent, I mean challenging. Someone was cruel enough to bring churros in to work. If you don't know what a churro is, it's a cinnamon-sugar covered, deep-fried donut stick... equaling heaven.

At first, all I could think is, "I can't have that!" Then I realized that this was an opportunity, not a loss. It's not that I can't eat the churro, I told myself. I absolutely could pick it up and eat it, no problem. Only, I have the opportunity to choose not to. This week, I am doing raw food. That is a choice. Next week if I want a churro, I can go get one.

By acknowledging that power in myself, that every time I am presented with a situation -large or small- I can choose how to respond, I immediately felt so lightened, so strong. I, of course, promptly ate a raw macaroon instead, but STILL! I beat the churro! Go me!

1 comment: