Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I can read good

I found the following note from August, 2010 on my facebook.

I'm doing the 25 book challenge. In the next year, I want to read 25 books, to include many of the "high school" books I never read. 

(And which of these books have I actually read since then?)


1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Siddhartha, Hermen Hesse
3. Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift
4. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce
5. Catcher in the Rye
6. Scarlett Letter
7. One flew over the cuckoo's nest
8. The Martian Chronicles, Ray Bradbury
9. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
10. Night, Elie Wiesel
11. Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zorah Neale Hurston
12. 1984
13. Catch 22
14. Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
15. The House on Mango Street, Sandra Cisneros
16. Paradise Lost, Milton
17. Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson
18. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
19.Dante's Inferno

 Wow. 3 1/2 books (haven't finished 1984 yet!) in 2 years. Fail.



1 comment:

  1. You've never read Scarlett Letter?! That's one of my all time favorites! 1984 was rough but I think about it alot these days ;)

    ReplyDelete